Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 6 leeks
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- 4 celery ribs chopped
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 3 can chicken broth - (14½ oz ea)
- 3 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 oz soft cream cheese
- 1½ cup plain yogurt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp freshly-ground white pepper
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven; add leeks and celery; saute until tender.
- Add flour, cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, 3 cups water, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Microwave cream cheese and yogurt in a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl at high 15 to 20 seconds or until warm; whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in egg yolks; gradually whisk in 2 cups leek mixture.
- Stir cream cheese mixture and pepper into leek mixture.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated (do not boil).
- Sprinkle with chives, if desired.