Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups cottage or farmer cheese
- ½ cup sugar, granulated
- 5 eggs; large separated
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp lemon rind; grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unbleached flour; sifted
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tbsp golden raisins; finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Press the cheese through a sieve.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the cheese and sugar until light.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add the milk lemon rind and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and blend until smooth.
- In another large mixing bowl beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks then gradually add the confectioners' sugar beating until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the whites into the cheese mixture.
- Gently stir in the raisin bits then pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until the center appears firm.
- Let the cake cool in the oven for 15 minutes then allow to cool to room temperature.