- 4-6 egg whites
- pinch salt
- 8oz castor sugar/sugar (equal parts)
- 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 2 level teaspoons Cornflour
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Lightly grease oven tray, line with baking paper or use non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff (until peaks form).
- Continue beating, gradually adding Sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
- Lightly fold in cornflour.
- Pile mixture into circular shape, making hollow in centre for filling.
- Cooking directions:
- Electric oven, turn oven to 250F (130C) and bake undisturbed for 1 1/2 hours.
- Gas oven, bake at 400F (200C) for ten minutes, then turn oven to 250F (130C) and bake a further hour.
- Turn oven off, leave Pavlova in oven until cool.
- Top with whipped cream and decorate with fruit as desired.