Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A biscuit or cookie originally sent in food parcels to Australian and New Zealand troops during the First World War when eggs were scarce, the Anzac (named after the term for Australian and New Zealand soldiers) has become a national favorite.
- 125 grams butter -- 4 oz
- 1 dessertspoon golden syrup -- Tablespoon will do
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F / Gas mark 4.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and golden syrup, then remove from the heat and cool.
- Add the white sugar, flour, rolled Oats and coconut and mix thoroughly.
- Dissolve the baking soda in 1 tablespoon of water and add to the mixture.
- Line a baking tray with cooking paper.
- Roll small rounds of the mixture and place on the baking tray, remembering to allow room for the biscuits to spread.
- Flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.