Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pules and Noodle Mixture Edit
Meat Sauce Edit
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl, add water and mix to a firm dough, adding more flour if necessary.
- Divide into 2 balls and wrap in plastic.
- Rest for 30 minutes.
- On a floured board roll out each ball of dough very thinly.
- Cut into 5 mm (¼-inch) strips either while it is flat or by rolling up each sheet of dough and slicing with a sharp knife.
- Place noodles on a floured cloth, dust with flour and leave to dry for about 30 minutes.
- Wash split peas well and place in a pan with 1½ cups cold water.
- Bring to the boil and boil gently for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Add red beans and liquid and keep warm.
- In a large pot bring 8 cups water to the boil, add 2 teaspoons salt, oil and noodles.
- Put noodles in gradually, stirring after each addition.
- Return to the boil and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and return to the pot.
- Add split peas and bean mixture with its liquid, toss ingredients lightly and keep hot over low heat.
- In a frying pan heat the ½ cup oil, fry onion until soft and add ground meat.
- Stir over high heat until juices evaporate and meat browns lightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, tomato puree, spices and water, cover and simmer 10 minutes, then remove cover and let moisture evaporate.
- Sauce should be oily.
- Combine chakah ingredients, add to noodles and toss well.
- Mixture should be moist.
- Place noodle mixture in a deep dish and top with keema.
- Stir at the table.
- Serve in deep plates.