Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Early Estate in Corpus Christi, Texas in 1992. Dated 1954
- 2 cups red kidney beans, soaked in salt water for 4 hours
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups white Onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons Parsley
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup red wine
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Chopped scallions for garnish
- Rinse beans and drain well. Cook in 5 cups of water for 1 hour with the bay leaves.
- Add Onion, thyme, garlic, Parsley, green pepper and salt to pot.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve over hot rice, garnished with scallions.