- 2 medium aubergines
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp oil
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp pomegranate juice or orange juice
- 25 ml / ½ tsp paprika
- pinch chili seasoning
- Prick the aubergines with a fork and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at 180 °C / 350 °F / gas mark 4 for 30 minutes or until tender.
- When the aubergines are cooked, remove the skin while hot.
- Purée the flesh in a food processor with the garlic, oil, pomegranate juice, paprika and chile.
- Leave to cool, then serve with pita bread.