- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cup potatoes, peeled and finely-diced
- 2 cup onions, peeled and finely-diced
- 1 cup Broccoli stems, peeled and-finely diced
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cup Soysage
- 2 cup tofu, firm or extra firm-crushed by hand
- Whole Wheat pie dough for-two double crusted pies
- 1/4 cup barley malt syrup
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
3. Add the seasonings and continue cooking for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Finally, add the soysage and tofu and cook until the mixture is hot, stirring constantly.
5. Roll out half of the dough and prepare the bottom crust for each of two small pies.
6. Put 3 cups of filling in each pie pan.
7. Roll out the top crusts and place them over the pies.
8. Seal the edges of the top and bottom crusts, wetting the edges first with water.
9. Bake in apreheated oven at 400 °F for 40 mintues or until th etop crusts are browned.
11. Just lightly glaze the crust and return the pie to the oven.
12. The glaze will make the crust shiny and brown.
13. Variation: you may prefer to add a bread crumb topping to the pie instead of a top crust.
15. Sprinkle it over the pie filling and bake the pie according to the recipe.