Atar allecha is a spiced green pea purée.
- 1¾ cup (14½ oz can) vegetable broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 large ripe tomato, coarsely diced
- 2 thin green onions, finely minced
- ½ cucumber, peeled, coarsely diced
- ½ cup finely minced parsley
- 4 oz feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp dried oregano, crushed
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 grinds fresh black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Put the broth and couscous into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and set aside 5 minutes, until the broth is absorbed.
- Transfer the couscous to a bowl and cool.
- When cool, break apart the lumps with your fingers.
- Add the tomato, green onions, cucumber, parsley and feta to the couscous.
- Put the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne into a small jar.
- Cover and shake well to blend.
- Pour over the salad, mixing well.
- Refrigerate; bring the salad to room temperature before serving.