Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Atar allecha is a spiced green pea purée.
- 1¾ cup (14½ oz can) vegetable broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 large ripe tomato, coarsely diced
- 2 thin green onions, finely minced
- ½ cucumber, peeled, coarsely diced
- ½ cup finely minced parsley
- 4 oz feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp dried oregano, crushed
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 grinds fresh black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Put the broth and couscous into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and set aside 5 minutes, until the broth is absorbed.
- Transfer the couscous to a bowl and cool.
- When cool, break apart the lumps with your fingers.
- Add the tomato, green onions, cucumber, parsley and feta to the couscous.
- Put the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne into a small jar.
- Cover and shake well to blend.
- Pour over the salad, mixing well.
- Refrigerate; bring the salad to room temperature before serving.