Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pickled unripe papaya.
- 4 cups grated green papaya
- ½ cup coarse salt
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small ginger, cut into strips
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tupper ware
Pickling mixture Edit
- Boil mixture, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside and let it cool.
- Combine grated papaya and salt.
- Knead together for a few minutes.
- Wrap 1 cup at a time with a piece of cloth (it should be cotton) and squeeze out moisture.
- Soak grated papaya in vinegar overnight.
- Squeeze out as much vinegar from the papaya.
- Combine with the other ingredients.
- Pack in sterilized jars and pour hot pickling mixture over the vegetables.
- Let cool at room temperature.
- Cover jars tightly and refrigerate.