Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Atar Allecha is a spiced green pea purée.
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- 20 ml garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 1 cup split green peas, soaked, cooked, drained, mas
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp hot green pepper, finely
- 1 cup water
- Soak Peas for one hour. Cook for ½ hour. Drain. Mash. Set aside.
- In dry pan over moderate low heat, stir fry the Onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add oil and stir fry one minute more.
- Add the mashed peas, turmeric, salt, and chile. Mix well.
- Add the water and cook 3 – 4 minutes longer to reduce the mixture to a thick, green, well spiced purée.
- Serve with warm Injera.