Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It is one of the oldest and most traditional desserts of the Turkish cuisine. The month following the Feast of Sacrifice (Kurban Bayrami) is known as the Asure month. Plenty of asure is cooked in every household during it which is both served to the guests and distributed to the neighbors and relatives.
- dövme (dehusked Wheat for asure) - 1 cup (180 gr)
- Chickpeas - 1/3 cup (60 gr)
- dry white beans - 1/3 cup (60 gr)
- rice - 2 tablespoons (15 grams)
- water - 12 ½ cups (2.5 kg)
- dried apricots - 10 (60 gr)
- dried figs - 5 (125 gr)
- raisins (seedless) - ½ cup (50 gr)
- orange - 1 small size (120 gr)
- Sugar - 1 2/3 cups (300 gr)
- rose water - 2 tablespoons (20 gr)
- walnuts (not crushed) - 2/3 cup (65 gr)
- pomegranate - ½ small size (50 gr)
Wash the Wheat, Chickpeas and dried beans. Soak them separately overnight with beans and Chickpeas in 1 cup and the dövme and rice mixture in 2 cups of water. Add 3 cups of water to dövme and 2 cups of water each to Chickpeas and beans and place them individually on the burner. Cook the dövme until the grains are dissolved and the starc comes out. If necessary boil the Chickpeas in pressure cooker. Wash the dry fruit and soak them for 2 hours in 1 ½ cups of water. Mix the cooked ingredients and the dry fruit in a pan and cook for 15 minutes. Peel the orange and cut the rid, including the white inner part into 3–4 cm long and 1 cm wide strips. Divide the orange slices into 4-5 pieces. Add them altogether to the mixture and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the Sugar and cook for 1–2 minutes and turn off the heath. Add the rosewater and stir. Pour into dessert cups. Garnish with walnuts and pomegranate pits.