- Ethnicity - Assamee, North East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 600 g flaked ikan kembong
- 50 g tamarind, strained
- 3 – 4 stalks of daun kesom (polygonum)
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- 4 litres water
Spice Paste (grind together) Edit
- 30 shallots
- 1 tsp belacan granules
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 10 dried chilies
- 10 fresh chilies
- 1.5 cm lengkuas
- 0.5 cm piece fresh turmeric
- Mix water with tamarind and strain.
- Bring tamarind water to the boil. Put in spice paste and daun kesom.
- Add salt and Sugar to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes. Put in flaked fish, stir well and remove from fire.
- Serve the stock with laksa noodles and garnish with shredded cucumber, lettuce, pineapple, big onions and chillies.
- Add a few mint leaves and sprinkle some finely sliced ginger buds and add a tablespoon of Shrimp paste (har koe).