Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Perfect in springtime, asparagus' natural sweetness contrasts beautifully with this tart vinaigrette.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ packet sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups spring salad mix ( mesclun)
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, or almonds
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender.
- Drain, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Set aside.
- Combine shallot, vinegar, mustard and sugar substitute, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Divide lettuce on 4 plates; arrange asparagus on top and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.