Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Ready in: < 30 minutes
- Serves / Makes: 8
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- orange slices and additional orange peel, optional
- Place asparagus and a small amount of water in a skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook for 6 – 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice, peel and cayenne.
- Drain asparagus; top with orange sauce.
- Garnish with orange slices and peel if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
- 44 calories | 45 mg sodium | trace cholesterol | 6 gm carbohydrate | 3 gm protein | 2 gm fat.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable | ½ fat.