- 1 to 1¼ lbs fresh asparagus
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup diced pimento
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Rinse asparagus and snap off tough ends.
- In a large skillet, bring to a boil and add asparagus.
- Cover and steam asparagus until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain and arrange on a platter.
- Sprinkle with lime juice; garnish with pimento and pine nuts.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchange per serving: 1 vegetable exchange
- cal: 37 | cho: 0g | car: 7g | pro: 3g | sod: 6g | fat: 2g