Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Asparagus and Leek Soup from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, US government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: Approximately 45 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1½ lbs chopped fresh asparagus, washed and tough ends removed
- nonfat cooking spray
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup leeks (white part only), washed and chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 3½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup non-fat sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a skillet with nonfat cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add asparagus, onions, leeks, celery and potato, then cover and cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are softened, stirring occasionally.
- Place vegetables in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add vegetable mixture and stir well.
- Stir in sour cream and mix until well incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (optional).