Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This elegant soup is the perfect start to a holiday dinner in spring. asparagus and fresh tarragon are at their seasonal peak, and yield a beautiful pale green hue. For a lovely presentation, garnish the soup with whole tarragon leaves.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cans (14½ ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped, divided
- ¾ cup nondairy creamer
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook 5 minutes, until softened but not browned.
- Add broth, asparagus, celery, salt, pepper and half of the tarragon to the pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, until asparagus is very tender.
- In a blender, purée soup in batches until smooth.
- Return to pot.
- Add nondairy creamer and remaining tarragon.
- Heat soup through over medium heat.