Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Asparagus Salad with Lemon Soy Vinaigrette from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 4
- 1¼ lbs asparagus cut diagonally into 1½ inch pieces
- 10 scallions, trimmed with some green
- 1 scallion, chopped and set aside
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup nonfat, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Steam asparagus and scallions in a steam basket over boiling water for 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat and rinse with cold water in a colander to stop the cooking.
- Drain and let cool.
- Make the vinaigrette: in a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger and cook until it begins to brown.
- Add the reserved chopped scallion and cook for 15 seconds then stir in the chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss steamed asparagus and scallions with the vinaigrette then add ground pepper and lemon juice then serve.