Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit and Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 14 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 4 tablespoons cooked and crumbled bacon
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- zest of one lemon, finely grated (grated lemon rind)
- 28 asparagus spears, cooked till tender
- melted butter
- Flatten bread slices by rolling over them with a rolling pin.
- Combine bacon, cr. cheese, and lemon zest.
- Spread an even layer of the cream cheese mixture on each flattened bread slice.
- Place asparagus spears on one slice of bread.
- Rollup each slice like a jellyroll. Cut each roll in half and place seam side down on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Preheat broiler. Brush the tops and sides of the rollups with melted butter.
- Broil 6 inches from heat until lightly browned and toasted.
- Serve immediately. (The rollups can be prepared up to this point up to 3 hrs. in advance.)
- Store in refrigerator.