Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup grated Romano Cheese
- salt to taste (optional)
- Wash asparagus and cut off tough stalk ends.
- Boil in large saucepan in salted water 3 minutes.
- Drain, reserving cooking liquid; cut off asparagus tips. Set aside.
- Cook Onion and garlic in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add rice; stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup reserved asparagus liquid.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining asparagus liquid and enough water to bring total amount of liquid added to 5 cups, allowing each to be absorbed before adding another. rice should be tender and mixture should have a creamy consistency. It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus, parsley, Cheese and salt, if desired.