Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Taylor Estate in Mineral Wells, Texas in 1984. Dated 1958.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1-1/2 cups milk at room temperature
- 2 cups fresh whole-kernel corn
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 slices toast
- 8 stalks of cooked fresh asparagus.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Blend in flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
- Add the milk and corn.
- Stir constantly over low heat until thickened.
- Add the Cheese and continue cooking until it has melted, stirring occasionally.
- Place an asparagus spear on each piece of toast and pour rarebit over asparagus.