Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 oz portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 8 oz asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 – 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pkg (16 oz) prepared Italian-herb polenta
- 1 cup water
- 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil) (about 8 halves), sliced 
- ¼ – ½ cup (1 – 2 oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sauté mushrooms and asparagus in oil in large skillet 2 to 3 minutes; cook, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mash polenta in medium saucepan; mix in water and cook over medium heat, whisking until smooth and hot, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spoon mixture into 4 ramekins or a shallow casserole or quiche dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425°F.
- Until cheese is browned and polenta puffed, about 20 minutes.
- ↑ If sun-dried tomatoes need to be softened, soak in hot water to cover, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (⅙ of recipe):
- 110 Calories | 2.2g Fat | 4.2g Cholesterol | 94mg Sodium | 5.4g Protein | 16.7g Carbs
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable | ½ bread | ½ fat