Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 450 g (1 lb) medium asparagus spears
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 100 g (4 oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 hard boiled egg yolk, mashed
- salt and pepper
- melted butter, to serve
- Trim the asparagus spears to the same length, leaving about 7.
- 5 cm (3 inches) before the green part begins.
- Lay them on a piece of folded foil wide enough to support the spears during cooking and long enough to extend at each end to form 'lifters'.
- Pierce the centre of the foil strip.
- Place the asparagus on the foil in a wide shallow pan and pour over lightly salted water just to cover.
- Bring to the boil then cook gently for about 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the spears, or until tender but not broken.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan, add the breadcrumbs and toss over a moderate heat until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and egg yolk.
- season to taste and keep hot.