For 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends snapped off, spears cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded gruyere or swiss cheese
- Heat olive oil into a 10-inch oven-proof frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add onions and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, until the asparagus are barely tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Pour in eggs and cook until almost set, but still runny on top, about 2 minutes.
- While cooking, pre-heat oven broiler.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs and put in oven to broil until cheese is melted and browned, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven with oven mitts and slide frittata onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges.