Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 1½ to 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons butter, or more
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 8 thin slices dry-cured ham, like prosciutto
- 12 or 16 paper-thin slices Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Poach or steam asparagus in or above boiling salted water until it is bright green and just tender, 3 to 7 minutes, depending on its thickness.
- Meanwhile, put 4 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Place at least 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, and turn heat to medium.
- When butter in skillet melts, crack eggs into it.
- Cook, sprinkling with salt and pepper, until whites are no longer runny, about 5 minutes.
- Drain asparagus and divide among 4 plates.
- Turn off heat under butter in saucepan the moment it browns; if eggs are not quite ready, keep butter warm over low flame.
- Top asparagus with a portion of ham, then a fried egg, then some browned butter, and finally a few slices of the cheese.