Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Scranton Estate in Fate, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch divided
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce divided
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon fermented salted black beans
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears trimmed and diagonally cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil and mix well.
- Add chicken then stir to coat well and allow to stand 30 minutes.
- Place black beans in sieve then rinse under cold running water.
- Finely chop beans then combine with ginger and garlic and set aside.
- Combine remaining cornstarch, soy sauce, chicken broth and oyster sauce and mix well.
- Set aside.
- Peel onion then cut into eight wedges.
- Separate wedges and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken and stir fry until cooked through about 3 minutes.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in wok then add onion and asparagus and stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add water then cover and cook stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok.
- Stir chicken broth mixture then add to wok with black bean mixture.
- Cook until sauce boils and thickens stirring constantly.