Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Better Homes and Gardens
- Start to Finish: 10 minutes
- Makes 6 side dish servings
- 1½ lb fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tsp olive oil or melted margarine or butter
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chervil or 2 tsp snipped fresh tarragon
- coarse salt or salt
- fresh chervil sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. If desired, use a paring knife to scrape off scales.
- Combine oil and 1 tablespoon of the chervil or 1 teaspoon of the tarragon.
- Drizzle over asparagus. Toss gently to coat.
- In a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan arrange asparagus in a single layer. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Roast asparagus, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until just tender, stirring once.
- To serve, place the asparagus upright in a glass jar or flat on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon snipped chervil or 1 teaspoon snipped tarragon.
- Garnish with chervil sprigs, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
- 33 Calories, 2g Total Fat, 0g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol,
- 48 mg Sodium, 4g Carbs, 2g Fiber, 2g Protein