An exceptional, white-hot combination of asparagus and rice is made with real, processed cheese, condensed mushroom and chicken soups, and milk and baked to smooth, kindly perfection, as it adds some white zest to the casserole.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 14-½-ounce can cut asparagus spears
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/2 pound processed cheese, sliced (Colby, Cheddar, Mozzarella, or Swiss)
- 1 10-¾-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10-¾-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1-¼ cups milk
- 3 tbsp. paprika
- cooked, shredded chicken, optional
- Place rice in bottom of buttered shallow 2-½-quart casserole.
- Top with layers of asparagus, eggs, ham, and cheese.
- Blend mushroom soup, chicken soup, and milk; pour over all. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° F for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve hot with other dishes. Top with the cooked, shredded chicken, if desired.