Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 2 ounces salt pork, diced (¼ cup)
- 1 x 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 12 choice chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ¼ cup sliced pimento-stuffed olives
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 x 14½-ounce can asparagus
- 1 x 8-ounce can green peas
- Cook onion, green pepper, garlic, bacon and salt pork in Dutch oven over low heat 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato sauce, bay leaf, broth, salt and pepper; simmer 15 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle oregano on chicken; brown in olive oil on all sides.
- Add chicken pieces to sauce; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add rice and cook 25 minutes.
- Stir in and capers. add more stock if rice becomes dry, as the dish should be quite soupy. remove bay leaf.
- Heat asparagus and peas separately, drain.
- Ladle rice mixture in soup plates with asparagus and peas on top of each portion.