Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Asian Veggie Wraps with Ginger-Cilantro Dipping Sauce from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce (to reduce sodium in this recipe reduce the amount of soy sauce)
- 5 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Wraps and Filling
- 8 rice spring roll wrappers
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup napa cabbage, shredded
- small handful of fresh mint, stems removed, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Whisk all sauce ingredients in a small bowl then divide sauce into small individual dipping bowls per person.
- Soften spring roll wrappers according to package instructions.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine carrots, cabbage, mint, celery, scallions and soy sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon equal amounts of vegetable mixture in the center of each wrapper.
- Fold bottom of wrap half-way over mixture then fold the left and right sides over the folded end, overlapping.
- Steam wraps in a vegetable steamer for about 5–7 minutes or until heated through then serve immediately.