Asian Veggie Wraps with Ginger-Cilantro Dipping Sauce from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce (to reduce sodium in this recipe reduce the amount of soy sauce)
- 5 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Wraps and Filling
- 8 rice spring roll wrappers
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup napa cabbage, shredded
- small handful of fresh mint, stems removed, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Whisk all sauce ingredients in a small bowl then divide sauce into small individual dipping bowls per person.
- Soften spring roll wrappers according to package instructions.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine carrots, cabbage, mint, celery, scallions and soy sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon equal amounts of vegetable mixture in the center of each wrapper.
- Fold bottom of wrap half-way over mixture then fold the left and right sides over the folded end, overlapping.
- Steam wraps in a vegetable steamer for about 5–7 minutes or until heated through then serve immediately.