Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The best thing about tofu - besides its nutritional value - is the way it carries other flavors, such as the tanginess of this sesame dressing. Serve this warm salad with crunchy breadsticks and a tall glass of iced jasmine tea.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 06.26.07
- Active time: 25 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 x 14-ounce package extra-firm, water-packed tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- Whisk canola oil, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Place tofu and 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a large nonstick skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes total.
- Remove from the heat, add 1 tablespoon of the dressing to the pan and stir to coat.
- Toss greens, carrots and cucumber with the remaining dressing.
- Serve immediately, topped with the warm tofu.
- Make ahead tip: The dressing (Step 1) will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Whisk just before using.
- ChupaNote: tossed in a julienned red bell pepper and a thinly sliced red onion as well as a handful of sugar snap beans. Doubled all of the ingredients of the dressing and we used most of it over rice!!!!
Nutritional information Edit
- 237 calories | 16 g fat (2 g sat, 8 g mono) | 0 mg cholesterol | 16 g carbohydrate | 11 g protein | 5 g fiber | 454 mg sodium.
- Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A (180% daily value) | Folate (41% dv) | Vitamin C (38% dv) | Calcium (29% dv).
- Carbohydrate servings: 1½
- Exchanges: 3 vegetable | 1 medium-fat meat | 2 fat