Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook Time: 6
Serves: 40 minutes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ lb fresh or frozen snow pea pods, ends trimmed
- ½ cup carrots, sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup canned water chestnuts, sliced, no-salt added
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Add oil to a nonstick skillet and heat on mediumhigh.
- Add snow peas and carrots.
- Sauté 2 minutes.
- Add water chestnuts and broth.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch, stir until cornstarch dissolves. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
- Unlike other peas, snow peas are eaten whole with the shell intact.
- No cornstarch on hand? Use 2 teaspoons of all-purpose flour instead.
- Fruits and Veggies Matter from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention—US government resource in the public domain