Fruit of the Month: Asian Pear by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 6 celery ribs
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger root
- 6 asian pears, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ tsp Fresno chili or jalapeño chili, finely chopped
- Whisk together juice, vinegar, and ginger and stir in celery and remaining ingredients with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.