Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An oil-free marinade gives this chicken its deliciously different barbecue taste.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The American Heart Association Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook, Third Edition, ©2004 by the American Heart Association.
- Serves 6
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves with bone (about 6 oz each), all visible fat discarded
- vegetable oil spray
- ¼ cup honey 
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup low-salt soy sauce
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp finely snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp grated peeled gingerroot or 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, stir together the marinade ingredients to mix well.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, turning to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill on high.
- Lightly spray the grill rack with vegetable oil spray.
- Grill the chicken for 30 to 45 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center, brushing the pieces with marinade and turning them frequently.
- Or to broil, preheat the broiler.
- Lightly spray a broiler-safe baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- Put the chicken on the prepared sheet.
- Broil about 5 inches from the heat for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, brushing the pieces with marinade and turning them frequently.
- ↑ If you are unable to use honey...consider using the artificial honey that can be purchased at Wal-Mart. But remember it can have digestive side effects you may not want to deal with. Take care, Gloria
Nutritional information Edit
- 120 Calories, 1.5g Total Fat | 0.5g Saturated | 0.5g Polyunsaturated | 0.5g Monounsaturated | 36mg Cholesterol | 331mg Sodium | 0g Carbs | 0g Fiber | 25g Protein