Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Mr. Food Every Day's a Holiday Diabetic Cookbook
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 halibut fillets (4 oz each)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- ⅓ cup dry sherry
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 1 pkg (6 oz) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 can (15 oz) whole baby corn, drained
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the fillets to the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove the fillets to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, and ginger; add to the hot skillet.
- Cook over high heat for 2 minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly to loosen the particles on the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the snow peas and corn, stirring until heated through.
- Return the fish to the skillet, turning to coat with the sauce.
- Serve the fish topped with the vegetables and sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (1 fillet):
- 204 Calories, 3g Fat | 37mg Cholesterol | 279mg Sodium | 14g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 10g Sugars | 26g Protein
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate | 4 very lean meat