Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- Nonfat cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk together hoisin sauce, garlic and ginger.
- Brush both sides of chicken with hoisin mixture.
- Spray broiler pan with cooking spray then place chicken on broiler pan and broil for 6 minutes on each side or until done and no longer pink in the middle.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion for 2 minutes then add red and green cabbage and saute for 2 minutes or until cabbage starts to wilt.
- Place cabbage in a medium bowl and add sesame oil, salt and pepper then toss to coat.
- Serve chicken with a helping of cabbage on top.
- Asian Chicken and Cabbage from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource