Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Cabbage leaves stuffed with creamy chicken spiced with ginger, garlic, coriander, chilli and spring onions.
- 1 Savoy cabbage
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 fresh red chili, halved and seeded
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (about 150g each), cut into large chunks
- zest of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
To serve Edit
- Remove and discard the outer leaves of the cabbage and place 8 leaves in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove and allow to cool down.
- Place all the other ingredients in a food processor and whiz for 30 seconds to a coarse mince.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal amounts. Grease the bottom of a steamer with a bit of olive oil. Take a soft cabbage leaf and place the mince in the middle, then fold in the sides until you have a closed parcel. Lay it in the colander so the parcel holds it shape and repeat with the remaining cabbage leaves. Steam for about 10 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with a drizzle of soy sauce, sesame seeds and chilli sauce for dipping.