Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Ladies Home Journal
- Makes 6 Cups
- 2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp grated lemon peel
- ⅔ cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup chopped roasted cashews, divided
- Bring a large saucepan filled two thirds with water to a boil.
- Add beans.
- Cook beans until just tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain in colander under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, oil, ginger, salt, sugar and lemon peel in a large bowl.
- Add beans, green onions and ¼ cup of the cashews.
- Toss well and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle top with remaining ¼ cup cashews.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
Based on ½ cup per serving:
- 75 calories | 5g total fat | 1g saturated fat | 0mg cholesterol | 233mg sodium | 7g carbs | 2g fiber | 2g protein