Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ginger-cured salmon. Contributed by Kate Staveland states this recipe is from Chef Caprial in the Portland area.
- From the sneaky kitchen; contributed by Kate Staveland
- 1½ lbs salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp chile flakes
- ½ tsp five spice powder
- ½ cup peeled, thinly sliced ginger root
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, sugar, chile flakes and five spice powder. Mix well.
- Spread the gingerroot over the top and bottom of the salmon.
- Cover salmon with spice mixture on both sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 days, or until the fish is firm to the touch.
- To serve, slice the salmon as thinly as possible with a sharp knife.
- Serve cold with French bread and crème fraîche mixed with a wasabi paste.