Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There should be lots of "ooohs" and "aaaahs" at the table when you slice all the way through what looks like a normal roasted Chicken without hitting any bones to reveal a delicious pairing of stuffing and meat.
- one whole Chicken, two to three pounds, de-boned
- one pound yams (or potatoes, or sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into quarters
- one pound Chicken meat, white or dark (no bones)
- cooking oil for frying Chicken
- one small Onion, chopped
- one tomato, chopped (or a spoonful of tomato paste or tomato sauce)
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- a few mint leaves, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Boil the yams (or potatoes, or sweet potatoes) until tender. When tender, remove from water and mash.
- While yams are cooking, fry the Chicken meat (not the whole Chicken) in a few tablespoons of oil. When nearly done add the Onion and tomato. Reduce heat and simmer until Chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the chicken-onion-tomato mixture to the mashed yam (or its substitute). Add parsley, mint, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Stuff the de-boned Chicken with the yam-Chicken mixture. Sew the Chicken closed with a needle and cooking string. Rub with butter or oil, salt and pepper.
- Steam the stuffed Chicken for two hours in a large Dutch oven (place the Chicken on something to keep it out of the boiling water), then baste it with oil or butter and bake or grill it until it is golden brown. -- Or—Bake or grill the stuffed Chicken until it is browned, then wrap it in foil to allow it to continue to cook until fully done.
- Either way, be sure to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Make sure to check the temperature of both the whole Chicken and the stuffing
- Serve ginger beer or Green Tea with mint with or after the meal