Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Utley Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 large artichokes
- 5 teaspoons rice washed and drained
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Trim base of the stem then break off all dark leaves and throw them away.
- Scoop out the light green leaves and choke with teaspoon and discard, then rub with lemon.
- Clean off the bottom part with a knife.
- Leave in the water and lemon juice mixture to prevent discolouration.
- Saute onion with olive oil in a pot.
- Add rice, salt and sugar then cook for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Pour ¾ cup of hot water in it then stir and put the lid on.
- Turn the heat down to low then cook until rice is soft then add dill and toss.
- Place artichokes in a shallow pan and fill with rice equally.
- Pour ¾ cup of hot water into the pan from the side then cover the lid.
- Cook until artichokes are fork tender over medium low heat.
- If necessary add little by little more hot water.
- Arrange them on a service plate then pour remaining half of the olive oil over and sprinkle some chopped dill on top.
- Serve cold.