Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Baxter Estate in Heath, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound peeled artichokes
- 1 pound fresh fava beans
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- ½ bunch green onion finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- juice of 2 lemons
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- Heat oil in a broad pot.
- Stir in onion and green onion and allow them to soften.
- Add fava beans, mint and half of the dill then stir for 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, sugar and hot water.
- Place artichokes in the pot pointy sides facing up.
- Seal the pot with aluminum foil and place the lid on.
- Cook on medium for 30 minutes.
- Once you turn it off sprinkle with salt.
- Let artichokes cool in the pot.
- Place artichokes on serving plate and with a spoon stuff them with fava beans.
- Sprinkle the rest of dill on top.