Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds artichokes
- 1 cup salt
- 1 gallon water
- 8 red bell peppers
- 8 large white onions
- 1 pound sugar
- 1 quart vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoons turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Was artichokes well and trim if necessary.
- Dissolve 1 cup salt in water in a large pot.
- Add artichokes and let stand overnight then drain well.
- Remove stems and seeds from peppers and peel onions.
- Grind peppers, onions and artichokes using coarse blade then set aside.
- In a large preserving kettle combine vinegar, sugar and spices then heat to boiling.
- Add ground vegetables and heat to boiling.
- Ladle boiling mixture into hot jars to within ¼ inch of the tops.
- Run a slim non metal tool down along the insides of jars to release any air bubbles.
- Add additional relish if necessary to within ¼ inch of the tops of the jars.
- Wipe tops and thread of jars with damp clean cloth.
- Put on lids and screw bands as manufacturer directs.
- Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.