Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- About 1 1/2 cups water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350F. butter a 9x5 loaf pan, and line bottom with wax paper.
2. Squeeze artichoke hearts gently to remove some excess liquid. Put in a food processor, and process until finely chopped, stopping and scraping down sides of bowl as needed, for a total of about 1 cup. Set aside.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add dry ingredients and pecans to egg mixture. Stir, using a few quick strokes with a large spoon, until just combined. Spoon batter evenly into pan.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven, leave in pan for 10 minutes and take out of pan, peeling off wax paper. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.