Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
- Yield: 8 servings (1 piece per serving)
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza crust
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke heart quarters, well drained
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1½ cups cooked shrimp
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spray a large baking sheet or pizza pan with nonstick spray.
- Lightly sprinkle with cornmeal, if desired.
- If making the crust, transfer the dough to the pan.
- Stretch and shape the dough by hand and/or with rolling pin into a 12-or 13-inch circle or 11-by 14-inch rectangle.
- If using store-bought crust, place it on the pan.
- Remove and discard any coarse outer leaves from the artichoke hearts.
- Coarsely chop the hearts.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the crust.
- Sprinkle with artichoke hearts evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle on the shrimp, then the chopped pepper.
- Top with cheese.
- If using homemade crust, bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- If using purchased crust, bake according to package directions, or until the pizza begins to brown at edges.
- Cut into 9 rectangles or wedges and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 slice):
- 164 Calories | 3g Fat | 49mg Cholesterol | 559mg Sodium | 24g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 3g Sugars | 10g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch | 1 Vegetable | 1 Lean Meat