Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stewed rice with chicken
- 1 x 3 to 3½ pound fryer cut up washed and patted dry
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of adobo
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of sofrito
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups of white long-grain rice, washed in cold water and drained.
- 5 cups of cold water or chicken broth
- Season chicken parts with adobo place in a bowl and refrigerate at least 4 hours (preferably over night).
- In a large pot add olive oil bring up to heat add chicken and fry until reaches a nice light brown in color.
- If you see that there is to much fat in the pot remove all but 3 table spoons.
- Add sofrito and stir making sure to cover all of the chicken with the mixture.
- Allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, once again making sure to cover the chicken with the sauce and the mixture.
- Allow to simmer covered on a medium flame for about 15 minutes.
- Now would be a good time to taste for salt and pepper and add if needed.
- When the chicken is tender stir in the rice make sure to cover the rice with the sauce.
- Add water or broth and bring to a boil then bring the heat to low and cover allow to cook for at least 35 minutes do not uncover during this time.
- At the end of the cooking time turn off the burner and allow to rest 15 minutes covered before serving.