Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken with rice
- 8 servings.
- 1 x 3 lb chicken
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ can tomato purée
- 1 lb rice
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of saffron
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 can green peas
- 1 can red peppers
- ½ cup green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional)
- Cut the chicken into pieces and season with salt, pepper and orange juice.
- Let stand for 1 hour.
- Heat the olive oil and brown the chicken pieces.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and add the chopped onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes and add the tomato purée.
- Continue cooking for some more and the chicken and the rice.
- Stir well and cook 3 more minutes.
- Add the stock, salt, green olives and capers.
- Cover and cook over high heat until it boils and the rice pops.
- Uncover and lower heat.
- Pour the wine over the rice and continue cooking until the rice is completely cooked and the chicken is tender.
- Take the chicken out of the rice and take the meat off the bones.
- Return the chicken meat to the rice and stir well.
- Add the peas.
- When ready to serve, put on a serving dish and decorate with the red pepper strips.