Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Somehow, the English translation "Cuban Chicken with rice" just doesn't do this exotic dish justice. Serve with salad, garlic bread, and wine, and you'll have a feast. Note that saffron is often less expensive if you purchase it at an oriental or other ethnic specialty market. You can make this dish a day ahead and reheat it. (If you double or triple the recipe, reduce the amount of water).
- Serves 4.
- 1 frying chicken, cut in serving pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 oz canned tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 lb raw rice
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 2 pimentos, cut in strips
- ½ pkt frozen peas, cooked to almost tender
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fry chicken with onion and garlic in oil until brown.
- Add tomatoes and water; bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, salt, rice, saffron, and green pepper.
- Place in 8" x 10" casserole; bake 20 to 30 minutes, stirring at least twice.
- When water has been absorbed and chicken is fork tender, garnish with peas and pimientos.