Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cuban rice pudding
- ½ cup rice
- 1½ cups water
- 1 small piece of lemon peel
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Wash the rice.
- Cook the rice in the water, lemon peel and cinnamon stick until rice is soft (about 10 minutes or so).
- Add the milk, salt, vanilla and sugar.
- Bring to just under a boil and turn down heat.
- Cook at medium-low heat, uncovered, until it gets thick and rice has absorbed most of the milk, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove and discard the cinnamon stick pour into one large bowl or several smaller bowls and sprinkle with cinnamon.